Monday, April 5, 2010

Day three...







Today I tried some paint stripper on the ceiling of the vee berth. I figured that lying on my back and scraping would really be a terrible job and anything that would ease that pain is worth a shot. A quick web search led me to a water based stripper named Aqua Strip that people seemed to be having good luck with. I swung by West Marine and was soon painting the paste on the ceiling of the cabin. It turns out that putting it on with a paint brush is not the best way to go as I would soon find out.

While I was waiting for this to work its magic I turned my attention to the holes in the cabin top. All of them seemed to work out OK and none pushed past the tape into the cabin. I sanded them flush and applied a coat of epoxy with a faring filler today that should make it a bit easier to sand, although that is a relative term as sanding any WEST SYSTEM product is not easy.

That finished I went back to scrape some of the stripper off and found that there either wasn't enough time allowed or enough material applied. I decided to call it quits for the day and try another thicker application tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment