Saturday, April 3, 2010

An introduction


I often read the articles in sailing magazines and wondered why someone who had a boat, wrote articles for magazines, and seemed to have owned the boat for many years, would only now be getting around to rebedding deck hardware or replacing the electrical panel or whatever they happened to be writing about. I figured out why this weekend.

I bought this 1968 Hinterhoeller Redwing 30 in Connecticut this spring from Central Connecticut Marine Sales. The brokers name was Gary Torello and he was great to work with (if you need a broker, I can't recommend him enough). I had always admired the lines of these boats and found this on Yachtworld and decided to take the ride form western NY to Ct and have a look. The outcome is obvious.

The boat needs all things cosmetic and after I purchased it there were many weeks between the "I'll take it" and when it showed up here. During that time, I devised a plan to do only the necessary things to get it sailing this year and then do the decks next year, hull after that...etc. That sound bit of thinking went right out the window as soon as it arrived in my marina.

No comments:

Post a Comment