Saturday, April 3, 2010

The plan

Lets see... Needed: rig, diesel check and tank, fuel hoses, fresh water, toilet and holding tank, paint paint paint, and of course, varnish.

In starting this years list I drew the line at at the rub rail. All things below were off limits. Needless to say that leaves a pile of available work. I started writing it into Excel and split it into the areas of work. From here I assigned hours and weather required for the work. Soon I came to realize that I had about 200+ hours of work on the list. This was not going to work out.

The last boat I brought back from the brink was done during a time when I didn't have a family or even furniture in my house. It seemed perfectly reasonable to make the living room into the teak refinishing room. It also was not a problem to make my once clean and clutter free car into a rolling tool box filled with epoxy, grinders, coveralls and the like. Things are happily different now and I didn't buy the boat to get away from my family, quite the opposite is true, and this is where the realization set in that I couldn't get it all done and still have time to sail this year. Now I know how how those projects just keep getting put off 'just one more season'.

No comments:

Post a Comment